Forest School Mentor
Wild Path Forest School is a small, dynamic recreational program offering outdoor education for children aged 4-9. We are seeking a mentor for our summer camp program, and there is also the possibility of continuing as a mentor in our fall school year program. We are looking for a mentor who is enthusiastic, flexible, and self-motivated and who is willing to commit to ongoing learning.
- co-plan and facilitate dynamic summer programming for students aged 4-13
- welcome new children and families to our community and site
- support children in their exploration and extend their learning by providing resources and encouraging inquiry
- model care and respect for the natural world
- ensure the safety of children while engaged in forest play, in proximity to standing water, streams, and farm equipment
- complete paperwork and administrative support
- attend educator meetings and forest school related events
The ideal candidate will:
- be excited to connect with and learn alongside some amazing children
- have knowledge of some of the following: forest ecology, survival skills, campfire cooking, wildlife tracking, edible and medicinal plants, navigation, bird language
- be willing to learn and improve upon outdoor skills
- be comfortable working outside with enthusiasm in all weather conditions
- musical skills are a plus!
- Forest School Practitioner, Ontario Certified Teacher, ECE, or a background in education or environmental science
- experience in nature-based mentoring with children
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level C required by date of hire
- Vulnerable Sector Check required by date of hire
- If you do not have these qualifications but you feel that you can bring your individual strengths to our program, please apply!
July 6, 2020. Summer hours are 40 hours/week for six weeks.
If applying to continue in the fall, this position will offer a range of 8-16 hours per week from September-June (hours based on availability).
Starting wage is $18.00/hour.
Please send your resume and a letter of interest to Katrina at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate if you are interested in summer camp only or summer camp and ongoing instructing in our school-year program.
* Please note that this position is contingent on our ability to run summer camp, in accordance with public health measures.
Thank you for your interest!
Wild Path Forest School is a small, dynamic recreational program offering outdoor education for children aged 4-9. We are currently looking for qualified supply teachers who are comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions. Experience teaching in outdoor education settings is an asset.
- OCT certified, ECE, or students currently pursuing these qualifications
- Emergency or Standard First Aid Level C
- Vulnerable Sector Screening
Supply start date: On an on-call basis for the 2020-2021 school year. Our school programming runs on Thursdays and Fridays, from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
Please send your resume and a letter of interest to Katrina at
Thank you for your interest!